Sunday 8 December 2013

A new year approaches.....

When something finishes you can't help reflecting on how it all began.

Saturday was the last Wanton Words and Burlesque Bombshells saucy cabaret show at the bijou Tom Thumb theatre in Cliftonville with the amazingly talented performers Missy Maybe and Miss Glory Pearl.  The regular audience is wonderful and a great confidence booster, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading my naughty erotic tales.

I remember our first Wanton Words show in the Canterbury Fringe Festival 3 years ago, when I was nearly sick with nerves and physically shaking when I took the stage. By contrast, I am so much more relaxed when I read, and my fellow performers tell me I have blossomed, which is lovely.

But all good things come to an end, so they say.  And inevitably, when the old year comes to a close and the new one is soon to begin, we reflect on what we have done, what we haven't and how we can do better.

2014 will be a time of review for my erotic writing career.  I've been a published erotica writer for more than 13 years, well before the 50 Shades hurricane, and blogging for nearly 2 years.  I had planned to throw in the towel in February 2014, to concentrate on my parallel writing career. However, I'm postponing this decision for one more year, since my publisher, Xcite, have decided to bring out a collection of 21 of my short stories in January 2014.  The Best of Elizabeth Cage will be available in both print and e-book format, so I will be focussing energy on promoting it. I also plan to produce a You Tube trailer with live readings.

So I wonder what (or if) I will be blogging this time next year?  Will I still decide to give up on erotica?  Or will I be writing more than ever?

Related posts:
http://www.elizabeth-cage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-erotic-writers-chair.html

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the book! I'll look out for the video (I'm sure you'll post a link on here!). I gave up writing erotica to concentrate on my parallel writing career, mainly because I simply don't have enough time for both. Best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda. 2014 will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete