Wednesday 26 September 2012

Talking, Reading and Questions

Saturday October 6th at 7.30pm: WANTON WORDS AND BURLESQUE BOMBSHELLS
I’ve got quite a few events coming up in October.  
On Saturday 6th, I’m part of the highly successful Wanton Words and Burlesque Bombshells Show at the gorgeous Tom Thumb Theatre in Cliftonville (see events for details), followed by an invite only talk at a Writers Long Table Lunch on 12th, and then our popular Wanton Words show makes a return to the Canterbury Fringe Festival on Thursday 18th  (it was a sell-out last year, so get your tickets now!). Whenever I give a talk or reading, people ask questions.  And not just about the writing.  So over a series of blog posts, I’m going to include the most often asked, with some answers.  Three at a time.  Here we go. 
Q. What was your childhood ambition?  
A: To be a writer.  For as long as I can remember.
Q. But what was your first actual paid job?  
A: I’ve had loads of jobs, but when I was a teenager I worked as a waitress and washer-up in a greasy spoon café every Saturday.  I came home reeking of grease and fat but one of the perks was free pies and trifles! 
Q. How did you end up being an erotic writer? 
A: By accident in a way.  I was writing literary stories that were considered too racy and advised to send them to an erotic magazine, which I did.  I was then told they weren’t raunchy enough, so I put plenty of sex in and hey presto – my career as an erotic writer was launched.
If you have a burning question you would like to ask, let me know and I’ll do my best to answer..  

No comments:

Post a Comment